Saturday, July 30, 2016

Shadow from light

Wherever we go, whatever we do, we are followed by a loyal companion and a witness from the beginning of our time: our shadow. It is there with us in sunny days when we are busy with our lives, it is present when we drink with our friends, it listens to our sadness and our joys, our hopes and our fears, it runs when we run, it stays lost in meditation when we stay. Sometimes it fades away in dark nights when the light is too weak to outline it, but it never really goes away... Even if we forgot about it, even if we are not even conscious by its presence, it is there, the trail of our body, of our living in this world.

I can feel you in my mind like a shadow made, not of darkness, but of light. A shadow that shines brighter not when the light is stronger, but when the darkness is heavier. When the long distances look unconquerable your  shadow, loyal and silent, pulsates and covers everything with hope and confidence. I don’t forget about it like I do about its counter part, but I am very aware of it and I feel it very alive.  It follows me in my dreams, in my every day walks through this life, it is here, in my present, in my thoughts, in my heart.


You left your shadow from light here, with me, and it blends  with mine in a natural way. I can see them dancing like in a beautiful spectacle: a spectacle of love. No, I am not afraid of distances, because I am not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment